Nintalk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Nintalk

Chat about the Wii, Gamecube, Nintendo DS or Game Boy. If you're stuck in a game visit the gaming help section or talk about anything else.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Wii internet list!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BEN TEND OWN

BEN TEND OWN

Male Number of posts : 79
Wi-Fi games? : Non At The Mo...
Games being played : Yoshi's Island DS FTW!!
Fave game? : The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess...DUR!!
Registration date : 2007-01-28

The Wii internet list! Empty
PostSubject: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:52 am

T3h Ultimate List Of Wii Apps!!!

Basically, this is a list of online applications that have been created specifically for the wii's online browser, work incredibly well on the wii, that the wii adds a new dimension to, or that take the wii's limited browsing capabilities to the next level. These may be something as simple as a site compiling all wii compatable online games, to an application which allows tabbed browsing.

How to access these websites using the wii browser -
I'm assuming you know basically how to use the wii browser, if not, find a guide on google or something.
There are two main methods that will grant you access to the websites listed, i will rank each method out of 5 for the ease of use, and reccomend one. If you have any additional methods, please keep them to yourself - we don't need millions of ways to access a website. These methods are written with novices in mind - most people shouldn't need to even read this section.

Method 1 -

-Using your computer, click on the link.
-Not the URL (the website address) that is showing in the address bar onto a piece of paper.
-Open up the wii browser (using your wii, obviously), click on 'enter address'. It should be a blue button in the centre of the screen, with 3 letter 'w' on it.
-Type in the address, click on ok, and you're set.

Method 2 - (reccomended)

-Using your wii browser, type in the nintalk website (www.nintalk.forumotion.com).
-Click on 'wii' to navigate to the wii section of the forums (the place this topic is located).
-Find this topic, and click on it. (Favourite topic if you feel the need)
-Now, simply click on the link you wish to visit, and you're set.

Anyway, Here is the list and a discription for it Smile

Team-Dsx Tabbed Browsing
This neat little app allows users to browse multiple websites at once, much like the wii browser's big brother. At the top, click on 'wi portal', to open the address bar. Enter the address you want to go to, click on ok, then click on 'change url'. To open a new tab, click on the button at the top left.

MessengerFx
A website which allows you to chat to the people on your MSN contacts list without opening msn, meaning you can talk to them via the wii.

DotTunes
Lets you access the files stored in your computer's itunes library, and listen to them remotely.

Orb
Same as DotTunes, except lets you watch videos and view photos.

Finetune-Wii
Go to www.finetune.com via your computer, sign up and make a playlist. Then, using your wii, access the link (the one that says finetune-wii, a little ^^^ that way), click on profile, enter your name, select your playlist and enjoy. Basically lets you listen to music for free, via your wii. For a bunch of good playlists, check THIS thread.

Sofatube
A suped up version of youtube, designed for viewing when more than about 2ft away. Great selection of videos colaborated from GoogleVideo and Youtube.

Wii Cade
A great selection of games that only use the mouse, making them playable from the wii. Lots of fun if you need to fill some time.

Wii Hear
Similar to finetunes. Lets you listen to music, online, via your wii.

Wii Toob
A website which has lots of videos. Created specifically for the wii.

Viewii
Another website letting you view videos with your wii browser.

Wii're Gamers
A list of online games that can be played using the wii.

Albino Black Sheep Wii Games
More online games for wii.

Red Kawa
Homepage of the 'wii media centre', amongst other things. Seems to be unfinished, but lookes similar to dottunes or orb, letting you stream files from your computer to your wii.

PeekVid
T3H B35T V1D30 S1T3 (lol im rubbish at numbers)
it might be under reconstruction soo it might not be up yet.

Tv Links
A website with loads, and i mean loads of great videos on it. Brilliant for chilling out.

Alluc
More of the same as tv-links, only much more organised, and with alot more videos.

Any comments on any of the applications listed, good things to do with the wii browser or contributions are all much appreciated.

Also, I did not write all of this, just edited it I just thought this site could use one.

Last edited by on Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shroom of doom
shroom of doom

Male Number of posts : 126
Wi-Fi games? : MKDS, AC:WW, THsk8land, THDJ, DKR and a wii _____
Games being played : Well how can i be playing a game if i'm on here?

PostSubject: Re: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:56 am

some of those look quite good Suspect Laughing
albinoblacksheep's great. love the llama song Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.wii.freeforumhost.com
Soilydude
Admin
Soilydude

Male Number of posts : 145
Wi-Fi games? : ......... MPH, MKDS, ACWW, SFC and WC24
Games being played : MPH, Wii sports and NFSC
Fave game? : ............ Zelda: TP
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 11:41 am

shroom of doom wrote:
some of those look quite good Suspect Laughing
albinoblacksheep's great. love the llama song Laughing Laughing Laughing

You think the Llama song is good!? !?!?!?

Well... you see... but... yeah i suppose it is pretty funny Laughing

But surely 'The ultimate showdown' is better!

Oh BTW peekvid has finished the repairs so i can get back to watching Naruto! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://nintalk.forumotion.com
shroom of doom
shroom of doom

Male Number of posts : 126
Wi-Fi games? : MKDS, AC:WW, THsk8land, THDJ, DKR and a wii _____
Games being played : Well how can i be playing a game if i'm on here?

PostSubject: Re: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 12:27 pm

no, i dont actually like it. its the most annoying thing ever.

first time i saw it, i was like' Shocked pale Exclamation o_m_g'
Back to top Go down
http://www.wii.freeforumhost.com
metroid master
metroid master

Male Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 12:53 pm

hay great thread
i will have to come on here and check these out on my wii when i have time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Soilydude
Admin
Soilydude

Male Number of posts : 145
Wi-Fi games? : ......... MPH, MKDS, ACWW, SFC and WC24
Games being played : MPH, Wii sports and NFSC
Fave game? : ............ Zelda: TP
Registration date : 2007-01-21

PostSubject: Re: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 12:44 am

STICK-EED!

Brill! Just BRILL! Can't wait to get on my wii on this on one of those links!
Back to top Go down
https://nintalk.forumotion.com
Electrize
Electrize

Male Number of posts : 140
Wi-Fi games? : MK:DS, AC:WW, TH:DJ
Games being played : None.
Fave game? : SSBM
Registration date : 2007-01-24

PostSubject: Re: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 9:07 am

This is quite a good list but I think people make too many wii youtube conversion sites there's just a stupid amount now.
Back to top Go down
https://nintalk.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wii internet list!   The Wii internet list! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wii internet list!
Page 1 of 1